Client: A Global Payment and Remittance Service Provider
Geographies Covered: India
- Study to estimate the economic contribution of migrant workers in improving quality of life, and supporting local communities as well as the broader impact on the Indian economy.
Study methodology and specifics
- Qualitative study carried out by employing face to face interviews methodology and secondary research. Azure conducted preliminary secondary research to identify migration trends.
- Migrants were profiled to understand households, lifestyle trends, and preferred remittance methods. 19 KOLs, 70 village & town council heads and 750 households in rural & urban areas of three Indian states were interviewed.
- Project managers with a multi-lingual and multi-cultural delivery team in India, designed the research and developed a sampling plan. Data was collated and analyzed to derive inferences and recommendations for the client.
- The Client also wanted to understand Indian migration trends, various remittance products and services on offer and industry shortcomings, regulatory requirements, service bottlenecks and market opportunities.